The two-year work permit was recently issued by the Abu Dhabi Ministry of Economic Development. The Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development has just made it easier for qualified people in certain categories to apply for a work permit without having to sponsor a company.
The Freelancer’s Permit, announced by the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development, is available to UAE citizens, residents and non-residents, allowing them to apply for a residence visa. According to the law, the permit also contains no mandatory requirements for office space.
Visa cost and validity duration:
A freelancer’s license from ADDED is AED 530 and is valid for two years. It also allows the freelancer to sponsor his family in the UAE. However, it is important to note that the Family Visa will also be valid for two years.
How to apply for a freelancer’s license:
To register for a freelance license, applicants can call 02 815 8888 or register a new account at the Abu Dhabi Business Center at www.adbc.gov.ae
The Abu Dhabi Business Center also has an “AD Business Center” app available for Android and Apple devices.
To register for the Abu Dhabi Business Center, candidates simply need to create a new account with the following information:
1. Full name
2. Passport number.
3. Mobile number
4. E-mail address
After you create an account, you can apply for a Freelance license in the Commercial License category.
To apply for this license, you will need to provide the following supporting documents in order for your application to be considered:
1. Proof of experience in activities requiring a license: higher education, certificate of experience or accreditation in your field.
2. If the applicant is a resident:
- Work in the public sector – a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the employer must be attached.
- Working in the private sector on a permanent contract and working in the same line of work – NOC letter from employer required.
- Part-time work in the private sector – no letter required.
Under the terms of a recent decision, ADDED has identified 48 economic activities that can be conducted with a freelancer’s license.
Economic activities include:
1. Working soap molding
2. organizing parties and events.
3. Travel and recreation counselors.
4. Environmental building consultant.
5. Marketing consulting and research.
6. Information technology consulting
7. Translation publishing services.
8. Heritage consultations.
9. Plastering and carving services.
10. Design of fresh and artificial flowers.
11. Space consulting.
12. Design services.
13. Consulting on technical equipment.
14. Fashion and fashion design.
15. Real estate consultations.
16. Public relations consulting.
17. Consultations on human resources issues.
18. Marketing consultations in the field of energy.
19. Consulting in the field of computer devices and equipment
20. Handmade products and environmental work.
21. Landscape and garden services.
22. Management of marketing operations.
23. Consultation of parliamentarians.
24. Consultation and research in the field of economics.
25. Administrative consultations and studies.
26. Photography of parties and celebrations.
27. Lifestyle development counseling.
28. Calligraphers and artists.
29. Agricultural extension services.
30. Plague consulting services
31. Procurement consultancy.
32. Advice on quality, standardization, and measurement.
33. Maritime consulting services.
34. Product design consultancy.
35. Project management services.
36. Creation of networking sites.
37. Jewelry design, costume jewelry.
38. Consultations on statistical services.
39. Personal video shooting.
40. Gift wrapping.
41. Consultations on banking services.
43. Consultations on project development.
44. Consultations on food safety.
45. Photo services.
46. Architectural production and technical consulting on drawings.
47. Fine art consulting.
48. Consultation on logistics.