Opening of a medical clinic in Dubai
Dubai is a good platform to open all types of businesses and professions in the United Arab Emirates.
The government is constantly working to improve the quality of life of its citizens and expatriate residents.
One of the most thriving healthcare businesses, especially in general medicine is dentistry.
Public hospitals do not provide all types of health care services, so private dental clinics or general clinics are opening.
Such clinics can be opened in the city, as well as in free economic zones such as Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC).
So the question is:
How to open a dental clinic in Dubai?
A dental clinic in Dubai can be opened by professionals with medical education or through a directory of clinics with the necessary qualifications.
The registration process includes several steps, for example:
- Choosing the name of the clinic. The name will be sent to DED for approval.
- The investor must then apply to DHA in order to obtain pre-approval. There is a package of documents that are required.
- The next and most important step is to apply for a license.
- The investor then prepares a drawing of what the clinic will look like and obtains approval from the DHA-Ministry of Health. Then he makes repairs in the clinic, in accordance with the drawing, makes a lease agreement, memorandum, etc. To register the clinic.
- The final step includes final approval from DED and DHA. You must provide all prepared documents along with a copy of the initial approval and payment of the company registration fee. DED will issue a license after reviewing these documents.
- The final step is to apply for a DHA license by creating a profile on the official DHA portal. The authority will grant you a license after carefully examining all documents. After that, the investor can open a clinic in Dubai. Licensing procedure for opening a dental clinic in Dubai If you want to open a dental clinic in Dubai, you need to have a professional license from the Ministry of Economic Development (DED).
The license must also be approved by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), which is the main authority issuing special licenses to residents, consultants, interns, specialists and therapists.
It is best to use an agent to register your license. Licensing requirements for dentists to open a dental clinic: Dentists wishing to apply for a license must have one of the following degrees:
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
- DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine)
- DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery)
Equivalent to a nationally accredited dental school / college.
Apart from this, other guidelines for the dental practice are as follows:
• For graduates of the UAE Dental College / Universities, the program and university must be accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR).
• The dentist must complete a one-year internship after graduation.
• The applicant must have a valid license and registration to practice in their country or country of last employment.
• Applicants admitted to government-approved residency programs will be granted the Resident Licensing entitlement.
• Certificates of a dental specialty are accepted subject to the following conditions:
• Must be obtained after a complete structured clinical residency program of at least three years.
• A clinical master’s degree of at least two years of full-time study.
• Clinical doctoral studies with a duration of study of at least three years.
• Certificates of Specialization with a specified expiration date will not be invalidated at the time of application.
• Professionals with a Level 1 or 2 qualification are not required to have work experience after qualifying in a specialty.
Pravo Middle East helps businesses establish themselves in the region for success. Our consulting services include company registration, licensing, taxation, regulatory compliance, and operational setup. Our team of experts provides guidance and support to ensure smooth processes.
Recognized title of DHA specialties for licensing
DHA in Dubai only recognizes the following dental specialties.
• Dental radiology
• Maxillofacial Surgery
• Oral medicine
• Maxillofacial Surgery
• Children’s dentistry
• Primary dentistry
• Restorative dentistry
• Forensic dentistry Registration and issuance of a license for a dental clinic in Dubai: When you are ready, you can register your dentistry license.
The procedure is as follows:
1. Register on the official portal of the Dubai Health Authority.
Further, to register for a license, you must have documents. The list of documents is given below,
• Personal Information
• Nationally accredited educational qualifications recognized by DHA Professionals Qualification Requirements (PQR)
• Extracts from training materials (official)
• List of marks for the whole year
• Recent professional experience based on DHA PQR criteria.
• A valid professional license (for expats who are already practicing)
• Registration in the country of last employment
• A valid certificate of good standing no older than 6 months.
• Medical Fitness Test (if the applicant was 65 years of age or older) and the test must only be performed at DHA Medical Fitness Centers.
• Valid copy of your passport
• Passport-sized photograph