Who can have a resident visa in UAE?
- Foreigners who been employed by UAE company. The company will be a sponsor and provide a visa in the UAE.
2. If you employed by the government sector, the government entity will apply and sponsor your visa while you are in the UAE.
3. The other way to have a resident of UAE to become an investor and start his own business in UAE. The investor himself will process and apply for his own visa under the sponsorship of his company’s registered name.
4. If you buy property in UAE, you can get a residence visa that will be sponsored under the property.
5. Dependants can have the resident visa as well if they sponsored by an employer or employee, investor, or property owner in UAE. They include children, parents, maids, and close relatives.
6. University students sponsored by their universities in the UAE – in this case, the university will apply and sponsor your visa under the educational institution’s name.
7. Retired residents could have a visa as well in special conditions.
A residence visa is issued to a foreigner when he/she is already inside the country after entering the UAE via an entry permit, short or long-term tourist, or visit visa.
Conditions for getting a residence visa
A residence visa only for applicants who are 18 and above and make medical test to prove that they are medically fit.
The other step is to pass a security check and apply for Emirates ID from Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.
What is validity of a residence visa
The validity of stay on a residence visa varies according to its type and the sponsor. It can be for 1, 2 or 3 years.
Based to recent changes, a residence visa can also be issued for 5 and 10 years subject to certain conditions.
What are benefits of having a UAE residence visa
Being a legitimate resident in the UAE will entitle you to:
- Open a bank account in UAE;
2. Access financial facilities;
3. Apply for driving license in UAE;
4. Access government health services
5. Non tax certificate
6. Travel visa–free to certain destinations